Saturday • March 28, 2020 • 10AM-2PM
The second annual Dysart Festival of the Arts will take place at Valley Vista High School. This event will showcase the visual and performing arts programs from all twenty elementary schools and four high schools in the Dysart Unified School District.
The Dysart Arts Festival will be a day jam packed with performances on multiple stages to include various dance troops, theatre troops, choirs and bands. The elementary and high school visual arts programs will be hosting two showcases to include both 2D and 3D pieces.
In addition to all the wonderful performances, the Dysart Education Foundation will be hosting an Arts Vendor Fair for people to peruse and shop from local artists. We saw 4,500 attendees at last year’s Festival, and are estimating an increase in attendance and participation this coming year. This community event is a great opportunity to showcase your business/organization.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, business vendor, arts and crafts vendor or food truck at the festival, please click on the links provided to learn more about the various opportunities, review the Vendor Information and Guidelines below, then submit your application.
Vendor Information and Guidelines
Dates and Deadlines:
Vendor booths must be fully staffed and open for business from the start of the event until the close of the event. Saturday March 28, 2020 from 10am-2pm.
- Check-In and Set-Up: Saturday, March 28, 2020, at 7 am-9 am. (There will be a loading and unloading zone, but there will be a bit of a haul in, so plan on not being able to drive up directly to your spot).
- Tear Down: Saturday, March 28, 2020, at 2:30 pm. (Once the area has safely cleared out we will begin the teardown).
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2020 Deadline has been extended to March 6, 2020 by 5 pm
- Notification of Application Acceptance: You will receive an acceptance letter or a letter of regret via email within 5-10 business days after applying. Approvals will include a link for payment.
- Application Fee Deadline: Payment is due within 2 business days after approval. If payment is not made within 2 business days, we reserve the right to offer your space to another vendor.
- Location Assignment Notification: March 27, 2020
Booth Info and Fees:
All booths will be located outdoors and include a 6ft table and one chair. Only one vendor is allowed per booth space, with no exceptions.
Booth fees are as follows:
- Retail and Info Booth – $200
- Arts and Crafts Booth – $75
- School Booster Booth – $50
- Community Partner Booth – no fee (available only to DUSD partners and programs offering free resources)
- Food Truck Standard Space – $100
- Food Truck Extended Space – $150
Optional features for additional fees have limited availability and are as follows:
- Option A: Prime Location – $50 Your booth will be located in an area with higher traffic and visibility.
- Option B: Electrical Access – $50 Your booth will be located with access to an electrical outlet and 1 extension cord.
- Option C: Advertising Sponsor – $100 Your business name will be included in the program.
There will be no refunds of booth fees. Applications and acceptance are non-transferable to other vendors.
Sales, Displays and Pricing:
We are seeking a creative and diverse array of businesses and vendor items at reasonable prices and in conjunction with a family-friendly environment. At the sole discretion of the Dysart Education Foundation, sales, displays, or activities that are deemed inappropriate and offensive will be asked to remove said items, cease such activities, or in extreme cases, be asked to leave the event if actions or sales continue. We will limit the number of same-business vendors in the festival, we will not regulate the legalities of franchise agreements of having two of the same business vendors on-site. Unless you are a registered food business (pre-packaged beef jerky, salsa, jams, etc.), no booth may sell or provide any homemade food or beverages (including water) as this is limited to our food vendors.
Location Assignments and Set-Up Information:
The Dysart Education Foundation in coordination with The Dysart Festival of the Arts coordinators will assign your booth location in the order fees are received and in the best interest of the festival. You will be notified of your booth location by March 27, 2020.
Due to the festival being on a school campus there will be no vehicle access to your booth. You will need to haul your equipment in and out. We do have a loading and unloading zone that will get you a bit closer but please plan to load in and out by cart. Load in and out is the responsibility of the vendor, DEF is not responsible for assisting.
Set up time is on Saturday, March 28, 2020, from 7 am-9 am. We will open up the loading and unloading zone following the festival as close to 2:30 pm as possible, this will be dependent on the number of people still on the campus. Latecomers will not be accommodated and there will be no refunds.
One 6ft table and one chair will be provided per space. Vendors are expected to provide everything else. Pop up tents will not be provided but are permitted and recommended. Pop-ups and canopies must be anchored by at least 20lb weights for each of the corners. No ground stakes are permitted. Tents without weights will be asked to take down their tent. All spaces are on cement.
Respect those around you. Do not solicit or impede outside of your purchased booth space. Smoking is not allowed anywhere as this is a school campus. Taping, tacking or otherwise affixing any materials anywhere other than your booth will not be permitted.
Sound, Electricity and Water Hookups:
No audio systems are permitted. There will be multiple performances going on throughout the campus. We would like to avoid any interference. Generators for anything other than food trucks are not permitted. Limited access to electricity is available for an additional $50 fee. There will be no access to water hookups.
Cleanliness and Trash Removal:
Venders are expected to keep their location and surrounding area clean and free from litter. All garbage must be disposed of at the end of the Festival at designated locations.
The Dysart Unified School District and Dysart Education Foundation assume no liability for loss or damage to a vendors cash, wares, or property. Consumption, promotion, sales or possession of alcoholic beverages are not allowed. Foul language, threats to the safety and welfare of attendees or actions deemed inappropriate by the Festival coordinators and district administration will not be tolerated. Any violations of these rules will be cause for immediate removal from the premises and denial of future participation.